Friday, November 9, 2012

About Me

Welcome!

This is my first website/blog, and I'm here to discuss many interesting and varied topics.

Here are a few things about me:

I live in Arlington, Virginia with my darling husband and sweet daughter. We have been occupying this 2 bdm apartment for 10 years. We have just purchased our first new house, and we'll be moving out to the country. Hooray!! Warrenton, VA will be our new address, and I can't express how excited I am. Our apartment is a maze of boxes and mess while I organize, clean and pack, but the payoff will be worth all the hassle. I'm predicting that one of my favorite new topics here will be about adjusting from city/surburbanite living to a quiet country lifestyle.

I stay at home with my first grader and home educate her. We follow an eclectic homeschool lifestyle, piecing together all kinds of fun activities. Dear Daughter is ecstatic to move into the new house and get a cat which Mom and Dad have promised her for Christmas.

My third passion is writing. My first published work will be available on Amazon and Nook any day now!!  Possibly tomorrow. A Spirited Season is an anthology consisting of six paranormal holiday short stories. My good friends, Misha Crews and Karen Cantwell, will be joining me. All proceeds from the sale of A Spirited Season go to the Childrens Miracle Network, a very worthwhile cause.

Apart from my husband and daughter, my other passions, in no particular order are: reading, crafting, drawing, movie-watching, browsing the library stacks, pining on Pinterest, traveling/road-tripping, photographing, Wii Dance Partying, thrifting and yard saling.

Hope to see you back here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment